If you are hosting an adult party then you have to consider if it is a fun or more formal night, there are fun adult party games for both. You should also think about the people that you have invited, not all people like to participate in party games. If most guests will partake, you can relax, some people only like to watch, and this is fine, they have just as much fun watching.
Icebreakers at the beginning of a party are usually welcome, especially when guest do not know each other well or have not seen each other in a while. Get the party started with Fun Party Drinks.
Short, fun adult party games after meals are also a big hit when guests have had a chance to mingle.
If you think about every element of the party as well as your guests, incorporating a fun game or two will be a huge success and talked about long after. As long as your guests are laughing or smiling and interacting, you have done your job well. This page includes Free Unique Adult Party Games to start with and the top rated Commercial Adult Party Games follow thereafter.
UNIQUE FREE FUN ADULT PARTY GAMES
- PEG A FRIEND – A super fun game that can be played throughout any party! Use a plastic or very light clothes peg. Florists have the tiny ones, which they use for attaching cards to flower bouquets – those are great! Hand it to the first “peg-ger”. This person must now secretly attach the peg to a fellow guests hair, clothes etc. The “peg-ger” moves away from this person and in a loud voice start counting down from 10. All the guests must join in the counting while checking themselves for the peg – no helping anyone else – don’t spoil the fun! If the peg is found and detached before reaching the count of zero – the peg-ger will have to try harder next time! If the count reaches zero and the guest still have the peg on – this person becomes the peg-ger. The peg-ger can choose any length of time before attaching it to the next victim – the longer the time, the better the game and it keeps everyone in suspense!
- PINATA FUN – A paper container filled with toys and candy; suspended from a height for blindfolded children to break with sticks? Not necessarily, fill your piñata with adult toys & adult favors and let adults give it their best whack! Fill small plastic bottles with liqueurs & sherry’s, place a little label with a hint on the front and the real drinks name written on the plastic bottle underneath the label. Can they guess the drink? Mix shooters with strange names and do the same – serve your starter or dessert drinks dropped, not shaken, or stirred for this adult party game!
- WHO’S MY MATCH? – A fun adult party game to play when guests arrive at a party. Write or print the names of famous celebrity couples on sticky labels – one name per label and mix the labels up so that they are no longer couples. Stick a label with a name on each guest’s back as guests arrive. Guests must ask other guests yes or no questions to find out what the label on their own back says (who they are) and find their match among the crowd. Tell your guests: ONLY yes or no questions and answers! You may only ask a person one question, then move on to the next guest. This game is great if you want a crowd to mingle, once everyone knows who they are and have found their match, they must impersonate that couple for a fun photo!
- PICK A NUT – Need something fun for guests to do while you add the last touches to the dinner? Pick-a-nut is perfect for guests who are waiting for their meal. Hand everyone around the table a straw and a tiny bowl. Empty a bag of peanuts / jelly beans (if you have people that are allergic to nuts) onto a plate. Set a timer for however many minutes you need to do the last food preps. Guest must get as many nuts into their bowl using only the straw. The guest with the most nuts is the winner! Want this game more sophisticated, use chop-sticks instead of straws, the fun with this adult party game is, after they got the nuts in the bowl and the game is over, they must eat them with the chop sticks or feed them to a spouse with the straw – double whammy!
- BEND A FRIEND – One of the most fun party games around! You will find a few (especially less supple men) on the floor and guest crawling from laughter! Place an empty cereal box in the middle of a room (flaps removed) and all breakables in the surrounding area cleared, in case someone topples over. In order, each party guest comes over to the box, bend over, and pick the box up with his or her TEETH. Only feet may touch the floor, only teeth may touch the box – no other part of the body may be used as support. Bend over in any way you desire – first round is a given! Now cut approximately an inch off the top of the box and start again! Continue cutting an inch off after each round. Anyone that falls over, cannot reach, is out. Fame goes to the last player left!
- I LIKE CHERRIES! – Ask your guests who likes cherries. When you have a few volunteers, place a maraschino or fresh cherry on the stem in a bowl in front of them. Explain that this is a race to see who can eat the cherry first. The rule is they may not use their hands. Just as they think this is the easiest adult party game, fill each bowl with whipped cream. Now the fun begins! The winner is the first person to find and eat their cherry. Make sure you have the camera ready. You can also use strawberries.
- HOWS YOURS? – Send one player out of the room. The group decides on something that everyone has. It can be a body part (fingers, toenails, lips), a physical possession (house, car, computer) or something abstract (hunger pains, sense of humor). Once the group found something that they all have in common, the person is asked to return and start the game by asking every other player “How’s yours”? The other players reply with one and seldom with two words, describing the thing they have, using descriptive adjectives that are clever, but not too revealing. You start with harder, more ambiguous adjectives and the players towards the end use their judgment whether they should make their descriptions more direct or easier to identify. After the player asked everyone “how’s yours”, he/she must guess what “the thing” is! This game provides loads of laughs!
- CELEBRITY HUNT – A short fun after dinner adult party game! The first guest starts with a celebrity’s name or name & surname. The group says: “HUNT!” The next guest must now say a celebrity’s name that starts with the last letter of the previous celebrity’s name. For example: 1st celebrity = Danny DeVito, (The group says: “HUNT!”) the next celebrity’s name must now start with an “O” (last letter of DeVito) – 2nd celebrity = Oprah, (The group says: “HUNT!”) the next celebrity’s name must start with an “H” (last letter of Oprah) – 3r celebrity’s name can be Hugh Grant, (The group says: “HUNT!”) next celebrity with a “T” (last letter of Grant) – get it? Punishment or drinks for those that: Pause, Repeat a Name, Have no answer, Miss a turn or Speak out of turn!
- SARDINES – A great game if your house or property is big enough! Its a hide-n-seek gone mad adult party game! Best played in the evening if you have a large group. Turn on the music or talk. One person is selected to leave. They have 10 minutes to find a place to hide. Then everyone else search for him/her. If you find the hiding person, you hide with them. Eventually several people end up crammed into the same closet, shower, bathroom etc. The trick is to remain quiet when you are all squashed in the pantry or in one of the guest’s cars while more and more people squeeze in. The other trick is not to make it obvious to other seekers when you find where the sardines are packed. You might have to come back when you are alone and the coast is clear – thus fooling others about the places, you have looked. The last person to find everyone else hides the next round! Tip: Know how many people are playing and obviously, if the last person can’t find you all after an hour, they may be asleep – this is a tip for a tired party host who’s guests are having so much fun that they won’t leave!
- TWO TRUTHS AND A LIE – Each person writes two truths and a lie about themselves on a piece of paper, fold it and put it in a bowl. The host then randomly pulls them out one at a time and reads them to the group. Now the group must guess BOTH the person and the lie. Try to identify the person first.